shipyard: Pendennis Refit -1972 Feadship
naval architect: De Voogt Naval Architects
interior design: Wetzels Brown Partners
launch: June 2012
“Although there was a tight deadline on the series of works outlined in the initial brief we formed a close relationship with the team at Pendennis and the design team at Wetzels Brown during the very early stages of the project, enabling Pendennis to deliver a substantial refit in this winter period”
Jamie Painter, Captain of HD, interviewed in Boat International
“Emerging from a total refit in 2012, she offers guests a classically cool exterior teamed with an interior by design specialists Wetzels Brown Partners. Evoking the essence of Gianni Agnelli on Capri with an added dash of contemporary élan” YCO
To evoke the feel of yachting in the Mediterranean from 40 years ago is the unique feature of Heavenly Daze. To charter the yacht reminds the guest of the experience of old fashioned yachting - the life of iconic film stars of the 1970s in quiet, chic harbours.
This involves more imagination than interiors.A classic yacht gives the feeling of luxury with a history. To own a classic yacht does not mean you have to copy the old and keep it frozen in the past. We have endeavored to protect the heritage and add a new layer of ideas that express the personality of the current owner and by doing so create the rich history for the next 40 years. It is not the individual elements that are important but the sum of all the parts that matters.
the owner’s brief
· Increase cabin capacity to 4 doubles (including 2 twins cabins convert into 2 double cabins)
· Flexible dining options – the challenge was to improve the use of the saloon space.
· Bring back the original classic yacht quality and remove modern pseudo-classic details.
· Clearly recognizable modern additions, not new details that try to look old.
· Give HD world class design for the future – expressed as high quality new furniture, LED lighting, art pieces, lighting controls and flexibility in use.